Course of Electrical Engineering
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT :
- The Electrical Engineering Department was started in 1947 with 40 seats as intake capacity up to 2005.
- In 2006 the intake capacity was enhanced to 69 (including 5% TFW and 10% LE).
- In 2014 the total intake capacity was enhanced to 175 (In first shift 80 and second shift 60 including 5% TFW and 20% LE).
The VISION of Electrical Engineering Department is to Educate & train the students to have in-depth knowledge of the subjects in the field of Electrical Engineering thereby making them develop confidence for R & D activities and placement in multinational and national companies so that the students will be of immediate use to industries , nation and mankind.
As different national and multinational companies are coming to Odisha due to full of resources in the state the institution will be able to cater the demand of technicians.
- “Excel in education and research in Electrical Engineering”.
- Progressively achieve higher levels of quality standards by adopting latest learning / teaching processes which are embedded in the support system and to maintain an environment which fosters holistic development and strengthens the morality & ethics of the learners.
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES :
- To continuously improve results and employments through
- To augment industry-institute collaboration for activities such as In-plant training, industrial visits and sponsored research.
- To provide placement opportunities for all the eligible Diploma students of the Department.
- Due to strong and experienced faculties in the department we can produce quality diploma engineer in the country.
NAME OF THE LABORATORIES WITH PHOTOGRAPHS :
- BASIC ELECTRICAL LABORATORY
- CIRCIUT THEORY LABORATORY
- ANALOG / DIGITAL ELECTRONICS LABORATORY
- ELECTRICAL LABORATORY PRCATICE-I
- ELECTRICAL DRAWING
- ELECTRICAL LABORATORY PRCATICE-II
- POWER ELECTRONICS / MICROPROCESSOR LABORATORY
- ELECTRICAL WORKSHOP
BASIC ELECTRICAL LABORATORY :
- To be familiar with A.C. fundamental and circuits.
- To be familiar with basic principle and application of energy conversion devices such as D.C. Machine, A.C. Motor (both 1- phase & 3- phase & 1 phase Transformer).
- To be familiar with the generation of electrical power.
- To be acquainted with wiring and protective devices.
- To be familiar with circulation and commercial billing of electrical power & energy.
CIRCIUT THEORY LABORATORY :
- Verify the theorems using circuit theorems.
- Know the various types of filters.
- The students will become familiar that the theories which they have learned from books are true.
- The students will become competent in the field of circuit analysis.
ANALOG ELECTRONICS LABORATORY :
- Identify the active components.
- Understand the behavior character of basic semiconductor devices.
- Understand the concept of oscillator. Amplifier, Rectifier etc.
ELECTRICAL LABORATORY PRCATICE – I :
- To acquire knowledge of construction, characteristic and control of the DC machines.
- To acquire knowledge on performance of DC machines and transformers of all types.
- To acquire knowledge of testing and maintenance of transformers and DC machines.
DIGITAL ELECTRONICS LABORATORY :
- Familiarized with use of Digital ICs.
- Understand and comprehended the simple the Digital design Circuits.
- Know A/D & D/A conversions.
ELECTRICAL LABORATORY PRCATICE – II :
- To study various parts, their material specification and working principle of induction motors, synchronous motor, synchronous generators, single phase AC motors and other special machines.
- To study their operating principle and working characteristics, derive torque equation of three phase motors.
- To find out the losses and efficiency of all three phase machine like induction motor, synchronous motor, synchronous generator.
- To study methods of starting and speed control of AC motors.
POWER ELECTRONICS LABORATORY :
- To study working principle characteristics & application of various power electronics devices.
- To study different gate triggering circuits. and commutation methods
- To study working principle of phase controlled rectifier.
- To study the types and working principle of inverter.
- To study working principle and voltage control of chopper.
- To study frequency variation using Cyclo converter.
MICROPROCESSOR LABORATORY :
SYLLABUS of Electrical Engineering
- Execute a program using 8085 microprocessor.
- Control the traffic light using 8255 interfacing.
- Control the speed of stepper motor using interfacing.
- Execute a program for A/D converter and D/A converter.
||Control System Engineering
||Electrical Installation and Estimation
||EMMI (4th Sem Electrical)
||GTD(4th Sem Electrical)
||SW PD(5th Sem Electrical)
||UEET Question (6th Sem Electrical)